Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Miracle

Weighing in at 1 pound 5 oz,
this baby girl
-Kynlie Faith-
has been a fighter since day one.

She captured my heart the moment I saw her photos and read her caring bridge site.
Her parents are a couple from my small hometown and her mom, Ashlee did a great job updating her site and prayer requests. Heartbreakingly, Kirstin- Kynlie's twin sister- was still born. It seemed an uphill road for Kynlie, full of unknowns and challenges.

***
Born 16 weeks premature, Kynlie faced what seemed insurmountable odds. Prayers flooded in from everywhere. Her caringbridge site received tens of thousands of visitors in her 3 + month NICU stay.

And today, not only is Kynlie a fighter,
she's a winner.
.
Because Kynlie went home last week.
.
Home to the nursery prepared for her with love.
Home to the family & friends who prayed for a miracle.
-
Prayed for a miracle & received, all gorgeous 5.5 pounds of her!


Imagine my surprise and delight when her mom ran across my website & contacted me to put together an ensemble for Kynlie. Ashlee said, after everything Kynlie had been through, she felt she deserved something custom made to go home in.
Well, I could not agree more.
She said she loved pink and brown together and let me take it from there.
Be still my heart, I love it when customers give me free reign =)
-
I kept sewing, measuring, trying to imagine how big 5 pounds would be.

Hand dyed beanie, Swarvoski crystals, ruffles, minky, raveled rosettes...
No detail was overlooked.

From the top of her head, to the bottom of her feet...

She'd be stylin', this lil Miss Kynlie.
.
"The best dressed baby to ever leave the hospital",
as one sweet customer put it!
As always, it is the photos of my little customers wearing their clothes that bring me SO much joy! Mom Ashlee was great about emailing adorable pictures of Kynlie wearing her Pampered Tots Boutique ensemble.
.

Though this baby girl would look beautiful wearing a brown paper bag, I'm sure of it.
Is she the most precious 'lil thing or what?

I loved being a part of your homecoming, Kynlie Faith.
You are a true miracle.
A true gift.

Watch out world,
Kynlie's taken' you by storm.

5 comments:

Kandis said...

The outfit you made is adorable as is Miss Kynlie!! The next milestone will be her 1st birthday and she will need a very special outfit for it! Coming from a preemie mom, that 1st birthday is AMAZING!! I remember sitting in the NICU wondering lots of times if I would get to celebrate Karlee's 1st birthday and so to get to that day is a miracle!!

You are sooo talented with your sewing!! Do you have any Minnie Mouse appliques?? We are going to do Disneyland again this year and would love a cute shirt or even whole outfit for Karlee!!

Jill said...

Oh my goodness, what an amazing story! I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the ensemble you put together for her. You do awesome work! She looked absolutely precious in it!

Neil, Ashlee, Kynlie, Locklyn and Max said...

Kristin, I just read your blog post about Kynlie and it made me tear up! I can't thank you enough for Kynlie's going home outfit, you are an amazing person and I can't wait for Kynlie to meet the person who made her adorable ensemble.
Ashlee

Together We Save said...

What an amazing story. Thanks for sharing.

Gina, Ken, Matthew and Lincoln Phillips said...

The post made me tear up too sis. Kynlie is our little miracle. You do amazing work Kristin.